Where: Mission Hill, St Albert, AB
Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools formed in 1995 after the amalgamation of three historic school jurisdictions. Catholic Education in the region dates back 150 years with the arrival of the Grey Nuns in St. Albert in 1863 providing schooling to seven orphaned children. Today, the district provides Catholic Education to over 6,000 students in the municipalities of Morinville, St. Albert and Legal.
Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools was the first jurisdiction to offer a cyber school. St. Gabriel High School marks 14 years of success providing online learning opportunities for Alberta and overseas students.
Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools was the first jurisdiction in Alberta to offer the highly acclaimed Learning Through the Arts program developed by the Royal Conservatory of Music.
On July 1, 2012 legislation came into effect which changed Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools status from “public” to “seperate” and resulted in a legal name to Greater St. Albert Roman Catholic Separate School District No. 734.
Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools services the communities of St. Albert, Morinville and Legal as well as the districts of Cardiff, Cunningham and Guilbault.